What’s the best way to build credit? The secret to building and keeping a high credit score is done by forming good habits when it comes to managing your credit and overall finances.
A lot of people think that just using credit cards (or loans) and paying them off every month is all that is required for having and building good credit. The truth is this! It’s a good start, but there is much more you need to know about in order to keep a good credit rating once you get it!
We’ll discuss what you need to know in the below lessons.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to increase your credit score by doing the following:
- Limiting your credit applications
- Building a strong credit age and payment history
- Keeping a low credit utilization
- Using auto-payments to help make on-time payments
- Filing disputes when errors appear on your credit report. The dispute process keeps the credit bureaus in check.
Maintaining a strong a strong payment history is mandatory no matter what!
Lesson #1: Limit Your Applications, Choose Wisely
Every time you apply for new credit you get a small ding on your credit score, whether or not … READ MORE